RISING STAR Art Grant
The Arts Council for Wyoming County's Rising Star Scholarship is awarded annually to a current junior, senior, recently graduated college student, or a young artist aged 30 who plans to produce and sell visual art as part of their future livelihood. The scholarship includes a booth space at the Letchworth Arts and Crafts Show, publicity, and a solo exhibition at the ACWC's Gallery.
Criteria and requirements
Applicant must meet three or more of the following:
- Attend a college in Upstate NY.
- Live in Upstate NY.
- Be enrolled in a two or four-year college.
- Is NO OLDER than 30 years old.
- Have produced a significant body of work in the last three-five years.
Applicant must submit by email to email@example.com on or before December 31st:
- A brief statement addressing your reason for submitting the grant application
- A brief artist's statement and or biography( (one-page maximum)
- Up to 10 images of current/past work within the last three years
- Application form with contact information
Applicants may be required to participate in an oral interview, including a portfolio review.
Please contact Jackie Swaby, Executive Director of the Arts Council for Wyoming County, for more information at 585-237-3517.