Columbus Day Weekend October 8th – October 10th 2022
46th Annual Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show & Sale ®
The Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show & Sale is one of the nation’s top contemporary arts festivals presenting the work of over 200 artists. The juried show is a three-day outdoor festival that takes place in beautiful western New York at the Village Park in Perry, NY. Perry is one of the gateway villages to the renowned Letchworth State Park from which the event takes its name.
The village of Perry is just minutes away from Letchworth State Park, and provides the best access to all its natural beauty and amenities.
The purpose of the Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show is to exhibit and offer for sale creative original works of art that reflect excellence in design and technique, and to help support the ongoing activities of the Arts Council for Wyoming County. For the past forty-six years the Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show has been fundamental in providing support for the work done by the Arts Council for Wyoming County, including exhibitions, scholarships, educational art programs and events for the enhancement and engagement of our community.
The festival attracts a diverse group of art lovers and enthusiasts. Public admission is free and includes live music and demonstrations throughout the weekend, as well as a Kid’s Zone with entertainment, and over a dozen delicious, local food vendors.
Artists who participate the Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show will receive a welcome email with further details to make planning for and exhibiting at the show an excellent experience. Our top priority is to support artists in their successful show participation and help grow their business. Our goal is to provide a warm and welcoming venue for high quality arts and crafts to be displayed and sold.
- Load-in and out at booth space
- Parking is on-site with limited trailer space behind some booths.
- Twenty-four hour security provided by the Perry Village Police Department.
- ATM Machines
- Complimentary bottled water, coffee, and snacks.
- Booth sitting available for brief breaks.
- Extensive Print, Digital and Radio advertising
- Event program that includes artist listing with booth numbers.
- Cash Awards per specific categories
- Eventeny Application Available – February 9, 2022 (This year we have partnered with an amazing event platform to help ease artisans and administration through the application process.) Just click on this link to go to Eventeny and scroll down to Artists & Exhibitors to apply.
- Application Deadline – Extended to March 31, 2022
- Artist Status Notification – April 15, 2022
- Artist Invitation Acceptance & Booth Fee Purchase Deadline –April 15, 2022 - June 15, 2022
- Last Day to Cancel with a refund – June 01, 2022. Request for refund must be made by email or snail mail prior to June 01, 2022.
- An administrative fee of $100 will be withheld for cancellations. No refunds will be made for cancellations after June 01, 2022.
- Artist Certificate of Insurance Due –July 15, 2022
- Show dates – October 8 – 10, 2022
COVID Refund Statement:
As we did in October 2020, we will issue a full booth fee refund should we be forced to cancel due to Covid.
- Friday, October 7 – 9:00 am – 7:00 pm. No one is allowed in the park past 10:00 pm.
- Saturday, October 8 – 6:30am – 9:00am.
- One day exhibitors on Monday, October 10th set up must be completed by 9am.
- All extra vehicles are to be parked in the Exhibitor Area after unloading.
NO CARS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PARK AFTER 8 AM EACH DAY OF THE EVENT
- 5 Images are required including an outdoor booth photo with fully displayed work.
- The Booth image should show your booth as it is set up for exhibition at an outdoor show with your work displayed, but must not reveal the artist’s name or have people standing in the booth. Artists may submit an Artist's Statement that conveys the process used to create the work.
- Images must be recent and representative of the work the artist will exhibit.
- All applications must include an email address to enable fast and easy notification to participants.
- A non-refundable application fee of $35 is required.
- Sign up here.
- All submissions must be the applying artist's own original work. No imports or work created from kits, molds, etc. will be accepted. Work to be juried must have been created within the last three years.
- Work exhibited must be substantially the same as that submitted with the application. Nonconforming work may be rejected and the artist required to leave and forfeit the booth fee.
- Artists may exhibit work in one of these categories: Culinary/Consumables (lotions, soaps etc.), Sculpture, Pottery/Ceramics, Decorative Art (traditional tole painted objects, painted "found" objects, stenciled or faux painted), Painting/Drawing/Graphics, Fiber, Glass, Jewelry, Mixed Media, Photography, Wood, Metal. No multiple category booths are allowed.
- Exhibitors provide their own tents, tables and display units.
- Participants are required to exhibit the full number of days for which they have paid.
- Artists must comply with all New York State tax regulations and are responsible for the collection and payment of 8% NY State sales tax. All Exhibitors must be registered with the State of New York and display "Certificate of Authority" at all times during the Festival.
- Artists are responsible for procuring and maintaining their own liability insurance and must provide Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show & Sale® with a Certificate of Insurance by July 15, 2022. More Info
- Failure to comply with the rules may result in the artist’s removal from the Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show & Sale® without a refund and the right to exhibit in future events will be jeopardized.
- Artists may withdraw from the Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show & Sale® and receive a refund of their Booth Fee (less $100 administrative fee), if a written request is received on or before June 01, 2022. No refunds will be issued after that date. The Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show & Sale® is a rain or shine festival. No refunds will be issued for weather or other acts of God.
- The ACWC maintains the right and responsibility to make final determination as to the suitability of crafts and artwork for inclusion in the show based on originality, craftsmanship, and acceptability, as well as the right to remove specific items or complete display booths, and to exclude offenders from future shows. Ejected vendors will be asked to leave at the end of the day.
- No artist-owned animals are allowed in or around Artists' booths (service dogs allowed at all times).
- Your submission of the application indicates that you agree and will comply with the terms and conditions stated herein.
- The non-refundable Application Fee of $35 is due and payable upon submitting application to participate in the Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show & Sale®. Applicants can make their payments through Eventeny by credit card. Applications will not be processed until the Application Fee is received.
- All booth spaces are for 10' x 10' tents.
- Single 10 x10 is $300 + 8% NY Sales Tax
- Standard Booth Fee - $300 (Monday, one day exhibitors fee is $175)
- Corner Booth Fee - $375 - limited number available
- Double Booths - $600 - limited number available
- Double booth spaces in 2 varieties - Double-wide booth spaces with 20ft of frontage and double-deep booth spaces with 10ft of frontage and 20ft of selling depth.
- There are a limited number of spaces inside the the Artisan Court pavilion. First-come, first-served.
- There are a limited number of corner units.
- Artists who are selected by the jury and invited to participate in Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show & Sale® are requested to remit the Booth Fee on line by credit card through Eventeny, or by check to Arts Council for Wyoming County, PO Box 249, Perry, NY 14530. Deadline for payment must be received by the Arts Council for Wyoming County by June15, 2022.
- Special requests will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Set up – Fri., October 7 – 9:00 am – 7:00 pm. No one is allowed in the park past 10:00 pm.
- Saturday, October 8 – 6:30am – 9:00am. For one day exhibitors on Monday, October 10th, set up must be completed by 9am.
- No vehicles will be allowed in the park after 8AM each day.
- The Arts Council for Wyoming County, the Village of Perry, and the Rotary Club Perry will not be responsible for any property losses, damage, or injuries sustained while the artist is participating in the festival.
- Ceramics/Pottery - Art objects either functional or decorative of earthenware, porcelain, or tile, made by shaping and then firing a nonmetallic mineral, such as clay, at a high temperature.
- Decorative Painting – Traditional tole painted objects; painted “found” objects, floor cloths, fabric or clothing items; stenciled or faux painted hand-made wood objects; painted slate or other natural materials.
- Fiber - Includes wearable and non-wearable artwork from fibers such as basketry, embroidery, weaving, tapestry, quilts, and papermaking.
- Glass – Molded. Slumped, fused, blown or stained-glass items other than jewelry. Painted glass items, unless handmade by the exhibitor should be entered into the Decorative Painting Category.
- Jewelry - Ornaments, such as bracelets, necklaces, or rings, made of precious metals set with gems, semi-precious gems, ceramic, glass or any other product. Jewelry must always enter in this category and not in glass, ceramic, etc. that may be the type of material used.
- Metal - Creating artwork through the forging, twisting and fabricating of various metals.
- Mixed Media - Works that incorporate more than one type of physical material in their production. Mixed Media should include more than one of the following: Paint, pencil, watercolor, photography, printmaking or drawing, fabric or other found objects.
- Painting/Drawing/Graphic – Pencil, pastel, pen & ink, ink wash, acrylic, oil, collage, hand-pulled prints, mixed media or other works on 2 dimensional surfaces such as canvas or paper.
- Photography - Process of capturing images of objects by the action of light, then printing the images, by chemical or digital means, onto a flat surface.
- Printmaking - Printmaking is a transfer process of producing original art, usually in multiples. It involves creating a drawing or other composition on a surface other than paper, for transfer to paper through the use of a press or through impressions made by hand.
- Sculpture - Shaping figures or a design in the round or in relief, by chiseling marble, modeling clay, casting metal or other materials.
- Wood - Art objects, either functional or decorative, that may be hand-tooled or machine worked in wood.
- Culinary/Consumables – A limited amount of packaged food, candles and soap/lotion vendors are accepted. Consideration is given to business location, quality & packaging. Vendors will not be considered if their product is represented in a national food chain or repackaged from wholesale. A sample of the product is required for the jury.
We anticipate artists to have varied prices for their work. The Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show & Sale attracts a broad buying audience and, therefore, successful artists displaying at the show will exhibit and offer art across a range of price points.
The jurors, a diverse group of art enthusiasts who are selected for their creative background and for their appreciation of the value of art festivals. Our jury members vary each year.
Each entry is digitally reviewed and scored independently by the jurors using the criteria of originality, technical competence, artistic merit and booth presentation. This is a blind jury process so it is imperative that images show no identifying signs or information.
- Average number of applications submitted each year:
- Average number of artists selected from the jury to participate in the event:
- 275 - 300
- Average number of artists exempt from jury who are invited to participate in the event:
- How returning artists are selected:
- Legacy Artists or those artists who have received an award.
- Vendors that are excluded/ineligible:
- Buy/sell is excluded if detected.
- How images are viewed by jurors:
- Individual computer monitors
- Within a medium category, applications are sorted and viewed by:
- Application ID (number generated when application is started by artist)
- Jurors score applications using the following scale:
- 1 - 5
- Number of jurors scoring applications:
- The show organizes the jurors for a:
- Single jury panel that scores applications for all medium categories
- Jurors score
- Separately from various locations
- Am I allowed to observe the jury process?
- Jury process is closed