This scholarship was established in 2004 and was made possible by the Mark and Cathy Balus Foundation Psalm 116:12.
$500.00 is awarded each year to one high school student living in Wyoming County who wishes to further his or her studies in music and or performance arts.
Criteria and requirements, student must:
- Live in Wyoming County
- Be enrolled in 10 – 12 grade at a public, private or homeschool
- Have a strong interest in music and or performance arts
Student must submit:
- A short biography and or resume’ of his or her music /performance career and involvement in and outside of school(1 page maximum )
- A formal letter requesting the scholarship.
- A letter of support from a current or future music /performance instructor or mentor.
The application form below or the information required from it must accompany items 1 -3.
- Applicants will be invited to participate in an audition.
- Winner of the scholarship will be required to perform at the following events:
- ACWC Annual Community Arts Grants Awards - usually held on the 1st Friday in March.
- ACWC Annual Meeting - usually held in May.
- ACWC Balus Scholar recital – usually held in September.
Applications must be received by December 31st. Final report due by October of the following year.